Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ministry of Sound: Anthems Electronic 80s - Various Artists

Some Reviews for this Album
My Musical Youth
By Ms. Nancy Buckland "foxymissb" (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom)
Having bought lots of 80s compilations over the years, this one just about has everything. From the sheer majestic pleasure of 'Vienna' by Ultravox to Blondie's first foray into crossover rap 'Rapture', to lesser known but much loved tracks such as 'First Picture of You' from Lotus Eaters, to Paul Hardcastle's groundbreaking and still disturbing '19', it is hard to fault. My only sticking point? There are no tracks from ABC or Depeche Mode. Still, a musical walk through my youth. Awesome.

Great tracklisting !!
By Pegs
This has got to be the best Ministry Of Sound collection yet. Great tracklisting with some epic 80's electronic anthems. I know all the songs on this, which makes a very pleasant change from other 80's albums with way too many fillers. There is hit after hit on this album! It brings back some great memories too.

I've gone back in time to the 80s!
By Gez (UK)
This CD collection has to be one of the best from MOS (and I have quite a few). Nearly all the tracks will have you saying "oh I remember this". Absolutely brilliant!!!

If you like the 80's - buy this! Although there is a lack of Depeche Mode..

No comments:

Post a Comment