Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Forever Vienna [CD+DVD] - Andre Rieu

Some reviews from Amazon.co.uk

Andre the Virtuoso - Fantastic!, 30 Dec 2009
By Martin Belcher (Hampshire, United Kingdom)
I saw Andre being interviewed on BBC Breakfast over the Christmas holiday and I couldn't wait to go out and buy his album! I have a passion for anything Strauss and I confess that The Blue Danube by Strauss is one of my all time favourite pieces and never fails to motivate me. Andre Rieu's version is just amazing, passionate and enchanting.

The whole album is gorgeous, filled with uplifting music. Even if you're not a big fan of classical, buy this album, its a CD to cure those winter blues and better than an anti-depressant! Andre you are a brilliant, well done!

PS: It comes with disc two which is a DVD of a concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London - magnificent!

Why so narrow-minded?
By D. H. Johnson (Newcastle upon Tyne UK)
Please do not be put off by biased, narrow-minded criticism of Andre Rieu's music by members of the "establishment" There should be room in music for all tastes and while I myself occasionally enjoy traditional classical music by established orchestras that doesn't mean to say that no-one else has a right to listen to whatever music they wish. Strauss himself played what at the time was popular music for the masses and while I can understand (and would defend) the wish of the "classic purists" for each note to be lovingly preserved, others have a right to disagree. Also is it so bad for the members of the orchestra to be seen to be enjoying their performance rather than sitting like black and white zombies?

I am unashamedly an Andre Rieu fan and very much look forward to the day when he and his orchestra perform at venues around the UK as they do in Europe and the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment